Seasoned yogurt marinated chicken, grilled, sliced, and then served on multigrain flatbread. Top it off with an extra tasty fresh greek salsa, and a dollop of plain greek yogurt (if desired).
Summer is definitely my favorite cooking season. Maybe it’s just me, but it seems a lot easier to eat healthy and be active in the summer; warmer weather means playing outside, grilling, and lots of local seasonal fresh fruits and veggies.
The other day I was doing my grocery shopping and out of the corner of my eye I saw a new greek dressing mix by Good Seasons. No, by the way this isn’t an advertisement, I just love the product. You can find this new greek dressing mix at Walmart in the dressing aisle. Most often I mix my seasoning mixes from scratch but this seemed like a worthwhile substitution. I’m all about convenience and ease. I used to way over-complicate things at dinner time, making everything from scratch with long lists of ingredients, but after having baby #2 I got tired of the time and energy I was putting into just one meal. Not to mention the mess David had to clean up for me afterwards. He’s a saint. I’ve recently come to realize that dinner can be just as special but still easy.
These wraps are definitely one of my favorite summer meals. The chicken which is marinated in yogurt is incredibly moist. I found my multigrain flatbreads at Walmart by the deli. Feeding my family whole grains and eating them myself is a huge priority for me, but if you can’t find whole-grain flatbreads or you simply don’t care for them, then white flatbreads would be a great substitution.
Honestly, in my opinion the fresh greek salsa is what makes these incredible. I think my husband would agree. We’ve made and eaten *just* the salsa with pita chips, baby. Delish. So make the salsa even if you don’t make the chicken to go with it. It’s easy peasy to whip up and it’d be a great appetizer to share at a summer party/picnic.
Grilled Mediterranean Chicken Wraps
- 4 small-medium chicken breasts (about 1.5 lbs)
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp + 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 (0.7 ounce) packet Good Seasons greek dressing mix, divided
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 english cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 (4 oz) package crumbled feta
- 1/2 cup olives, halved
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsely, chopped
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4-6 multigrain flatbreads
- additional plain greek yogurt for serving (optional)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together plain greek yogurt, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 of the greek dressing seasoning mix packet, and a generous pinch of kosher salt. Add chicken breasts to yogurt mixture, rubbing to coat completely. Cover and let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes. If marinating chicken for longer, put it in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, in another medium bowl whisk together remaining seasoning packet, 1/4 cup olive oil, and red wine vinegar. Add diced cucumber, red onion, feta, olives, grape tomatoes, and parsley. Stir to coat in vinaigrette. Season with kosher salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat grill to medium high. When grill is hot, cook chicken for 4-6 minutes per side (depending on thickness of chicken breast), until internal temperature of chicken reaches 155˚F. Remove from grill, cover with foil and let rest 10 minutes.
- Slice meat and serve on multigrain flatbreads with fresh greek salsa and a spoonful of plain greek yogurt if desired.