A simple layered raspberry pretzel jello salad with a pretzel crust, a no bake cheesecake layer, and a layer of raspberry gelatin. This holiday side dish/dessert is the perfect balance of sweet and salty!
I have to be honest, I have totally struggled with whether or not to post this recipe. Not because it isn’t totally delish and well worth posting, but because I took so many pictures and only one turned out semi-decent. Ahem…
But this is one of my absolute favorite holiday side dishes and so I just had to share it. And I think it’s probably good for my perfectionist self to be a little less than perfect sometimes. I’ve been told that this side dish (if it can even really be called a side dish) is the perfect balance of sweet and salty. I think this is why I love it so much, because if you know me at all you know that sweet and salty desserts are my jam. And also, I normally hate jello, except in this layered side dish/dessert.
If you’re needing a last minute side dish or dessert for Thanksgiving tomorrow you still have time to make this!
- 3/4 cup pretzel crumbs*
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 6 tbsp salted butter, melted
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese or neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1/3 or 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 (8 oz) container cool whip, thawed
- 1 (3 oz) box raspberry flavored gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 (12 oz) pkg frozen raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the pretzel crumbs, 2 tbsp sugar, and melted butter until combined. Press into the bottom of a lightly greased metal 8×8″ pan.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden brown and fragrant. Set aside and cool completely.
- Once crust has cooled, beat softened cream cheese, 1/3-1/2 cup sugar, and vanilla together until smooth. Fold in the cool whip until no white streaks remain.
- Spread over crust, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- When second layer has chilled, stir the gelatin mix into the boiling water. Mix in the frozen raspberries until thawed. Pour over cream cheese mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate until completely set. I like to refrigerate ours overnight, as it makes for prettier slices.