A flavorful twist on the classic chocolate peanut butter no-bake cookie. These are made with Biscoff spread and cinnamon for a warm, buttery, blondie-like flavor. They’re taken to a whole new level with melty marshmallows and butterscotch chips. You will simply love these cookies!
The first time I tried Biscoff spread, I have to admit that I wasn’t a fan. I’ve never liked the cookies either, so that came as no surprise to me. My husband on the other hand thought it was love at first bite. There were literally times when I thought he might have more of an infatuation with the cookie spread than with me. I joke, I joke.
He could never love a food more than me.
Right?David has eaten Biscoff spread on just about everything. Fresh fruit, hot homemade bread, cookies, crackers, pretzels, ice cream… you get the idea. One day he asked me to make these little beauties from Jaclyn at Cooking Classy, and I obliged because as we all know I love to make a good sweet treat. To my surprise I actually really loved those biscoff no-bake cookies. Honestly I haven’t made a classic chocolate no-bake cookie in a really long time because I’ve fallen in love with the Biscoff no-bake variety. For the record, I’m still not that fond of the spread otherwise.
I love my version of this recipe because it makes just four cookies, which is perfect for our family of four (really only three of us eat sweets right now, the nine-month old is still eating fruit/veggie purees and cheerios). I don’t know what inspired me to add marshmallows and butterscotch chips… oh wait, that’d be my baking cupboard hoarding problem, which I’m sure you’ll hear more about in the future. Oh and also I looooooooooove butterscotch and marshmallows. It seemed like a win win; use up leftover ingredients in an overflowing cupboard and consume two of my favorite things ever.Like I said, win win. win. You’ll love these cookies just as much as we do, promise.
- 3 tbsp butter, cut into cubes
- 3 tbsp milk
- 3 tbsp light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp creamy Biscoff spread
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/4 cup mini marshmallows, heaping
- 1-2 tbsp butterscotch chips
- Combine the butter cubes, milk, brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt, and cinnamon in a small saucepan. Cook over medium high heat, stirring constantly.
- When mixture comes to a rapid rolling boil, stop stirring and cook for 45 additional seconds. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and biscoff until mixture is smooth.
- Stir in oats until coated. Gently fold in heaping 1/4 cup of mini marshmallows. Using 2 large spoons, divide mixture into four even portions and drop in cookie shapes onto a parchment paper lined 1/4 baking sheet.
- Press the butterscotch chips into the tops of the cookies. Let cool until set, 20-30 minutes. Yum!