Rich chocolate chip brownies baked on top of a graham cracker crust, then topped with toasted marshmallow creme.
I just really have this thing for s’mores right now. Did you see these salted caramel pretzel s’mookies I posted a couple of weeks ago? Well, they’re divine; a totally gourmet and addicting version of the average graham cracker and Hershey’s chocolate s’more.
The thing is though, we don’t have a fire pit. I actually toasted the marshmallows for those s’mookies over our grill.
And even though firing up our grill is super easy, I understand that there are people out there who don’t have a fire pit or a grill for roasting marshmallows over.
Aaaaaand also, even if you do have a fire pit you may want to eat a s’more without having to go to the trouble of lighting a fire. Or maybe lighting a fire is no big deal to you, but you want to eat a s’more without ending up smelling like stale campfire when you are done (which by the way, campfire clothes are one of my favorite things to smell— I’m weird).
My favorite part of these brownies is the crust.
David’s favorite part is the toasted marshmallow creme. The middle gets all warm and melty, and the top part is gets golden and has a toasty crunch to it.
These brownie s’mores are the perfect way to satisfy that s’more craving without needing a campfire.
- 1/2 cup fine graham cracker crumbs (from about 4 graham cracker sheets)
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 [url href=”http://www.smallbatchtreats.com/small-batch-brownie-mixes/” target=”_blank”]small batch brownie mix[/url]
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup marshmallow creme, approx.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- Line a standard muffin tin with 8 cupcake liners.
- Stir graham cracker crumbs and sugar together in a small bowl. Stir in melted butter until it is mixed in well and resembles wet sand.
- Divide graham cracker crust mixture evenly between muffin liners and press into the bottom with the back of a tablespoon. Bake crusts for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix together brownie mix, oil, water, and vanilla in a medium bowl until smooth. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide the brownie batter evenly on top of graham cracker crusts. Bake for approximately 20 additional minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean*.
- Turn oven to broil. Quickly spread a couple tablespoons of marshmallow cream over the top of each brownie. Be sure to spread all the way to the edges, so the brownie doesn’t burn while broiling.
- Broil until marshmallow creme is golden and toasty. This happens very quickly so stay by the oven and watch closely.
- Cool most of the way before serving (we still like them slightly warm so that the chocolate chips are still melty and the toasted marshmallow creme is still slightly warm). The cupcake wrappers are also easier to get off if the brownies are still warm, so I don’t recommend letting them cool for longer than 20 minutes.
Sink your teeth into suh-more s’mores (pun intended):