This creamy and decadent four ingredient salted caramel cashew ice cream requires NO machine to make. The hard part is waiting for it to freeze!
There are very few things in this world that make me truly happy.
Warm chocolate chip cookies.
And ice cream, preferably in a cone.
It’s the simple things.
For the longest time I thought my favorite ice cream flavor was chocolate chip cookie dough; that is until we went and got some Aggie ice cream in Logan, UT last month.
I got myself cookie dough ice cream in a waffle cone, but someone else (maybe David or my Dad) got caramel cashew ice cream.
I tasted it and loved it so much that I knew I needed to make something similar, and SOON.
Fast forward a little while, and not only did I have this idea in my head for a caramel cashew ice cream, but I also had some leftover salted caramel sauce from these s’mores.
So I whipped up a little cream and stirred in some of the caramel sauce (and of course roasted cashews)… and in the freezer it became the most delicious no-churn ice cream I’ve ever tasted.
And just like that this ice cream has become my favorite ice cream ever. Move over chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream.
This recipe makes one pint, which serves… errrr… 1. 2… 4.
I guess it all depends on how much you love ice cream!
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, chilled
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk, chilled
- 1/4 cup salted caramel sauce*, chilled
- heaping 1/4 cup roasted unsalted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1-2 tbsp additional salted caramel sauce**
- Chill a medium mixing bowl and the beaters of an electric hand mixer in the freezer for at least 10 minutes (but 15-20 is optimal).
- Pour the heavy cream into the chilled bowl. Whip with electric hand mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Using the hand mixer (on low to medium speed), mix in the chilled sweetened condensed milk and the chilled 1/4 cup salted caramel sauce until completely combined.
- Fold in about 2/3 of the chopped cashews. Pour half of the ice cream mixture into a 3 cup freezer safe container ([url href=”http://www.smallbatchtreats.com/small-batch-essentials/”%5DI use one of my 3 cup rectangular glass pyrex dishes[/url]).
- Sprinkle with about 1/2 of the remaining cashews and drizzle with a small amount of salted caramel.
- Top with remaining ice cream mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cashews and drizzle with remaining salted caramel sauce.
- Freeze for at least 8 hours/overnight. Serve! If it is really hard let it sit for a few minutes before scooping, but in my experience it is soft and easy to scoop right out of the freezer.