A simple sweet treat made with rice chex tossed in melted white chocolate and biscoff spread, and then coated in a churro inspired sugar mixture.
It’s National S’mores Day… and so I made you some biscoff churro muddy buddies.
I think I made a mental note of National S’mores Day at some point, and then I forgot all about it and it snuck up on me.
Also, I promise that I’ll put National S’mores Day on the blog calendar for next year (and yes, by “put it” I mean actually write it down).
In the meantime, check out this drizzle.
That up there is a yummy mix of white chocolate melts and David’s favorite spread, biscoff. It gets poured into some rice chex, and then those white chocolate/biscoff coated chex get tossed in a churro inspired sugar coating.
Sounds good, right?
You’ve totally forgotten about those s’mores you were going to make today now, haven’t you?
Well, I promise, these are drool worthy. And, they are just as simple to make as they sound. I love whipping them up for a date night or movie night treat!
- 1/3 cup (3 oz) white chocolate melts*
- 1/4 cup biscoff spread
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups rice chex
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Measure chex into a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
- Whisk the powdered sugar, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon together in a small bowl (I use a cereal bowl). Pour this sugar mixture into a gallon size ziploc bag. Set aside.
- Melt white chocolate melts in microwave until completely melted and smooth (according to package instructions). This took about 1 minute total in my microwave.
- Stir the biscoff and the vanilla into the melted white chocolate until combined. Pour over chex and stir to coat.
- Pour the coated chex into the gallon size bag and shake until all of the chex are coated in the sugar mixture.
- Spread on a parchment lined half baking sheet, and let chocolate set. Serve.
- Store any leftovers (ha!) in an airtight container.